Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Browns of California


I thought it would be fun for people that view this blog to hear an update on my family. LaNell is typing the post and so it will definitely be biased and from her point of view. I would encourage my Mom to post but we are just grateful she has mastered email and are not quite sure if she is ready for the blogging world yet. But we still love her!!

Dad: also known as Pops and The old man. He is doing good. Currently unemployed due to the slow economy in California. Apparently construction workers were hit hard. He was working for a cabinet business but is currently looking for a new job. He is busy keeping the fort down while my mother supports him (he will like that.) All prayers are welcome on helping him to find work. He is also very concerned at helping his children find eternal companions.

Mom: working at the Middle School in the cafeteria as a lunch lady. She also cleans on the side, helps elderly ladies, and does hair occasionaly. She is the relief society president in our home ward.

Me: Refer to my blog but teaching PE and grad school consume my life other than my exercise adventures I write about on my blog. Just bought a townhome as well and I love it.

Dan: All hail the Halo king. We are very proud of Dan because he is taking 14 credits this semester, he has not been a full-time student for a while. He is an animation major at BYU. Loves all classes to do with animation and computers. Absolutely hates all other classes and really struggles attending them. Works a night shift as well to support himself.

Sam: Attending Byu Idaho and will graduate in December in Business with an emhasis in accounting. Is dating a very nice young lady and in his very own words we have been dating for over a month and I can't seem to scare her off. (We are all secretly hoping Caleb won't do that).

Ben and Katie: Happily married and working and going to school. This consumes their life. You can check out their blog for more details.

Aaron: Recently returned missionary. He is attending Butte College in California and living at home where the rent is free. Ben and Katie have been nice enough to set him up on dates and help him adjust back to the real world.

Anthony: Just turned in his mission papers last week and is anxiously awaiting a call. We are all excited for him. In the meantime he is barely working at Round Table and hanging out with Aaron. There is also a rumor that he is reading Preach My Gospel. We hope this is true.

Caleb: Last but not least. Just turned 15. Actually is enjoying seminary this year because he likes his teacher, thank goodness. Loves to hang out with his siblings when they allow it. Loves to mow the lawn now that there is a riding lawn mower to do most the work.

That is my update sorry it was so long. I hope no one from my family is too offended I love them all!!

2 comments:

Nancy Webb said...

I can't believe no one commented on the great job you did LaNell. It was fun to hear about all the Browns. And I am praying your dad will find employment.

Liz said...

Hi Browns! I am looking forward to reading your blog. I am amazed Aunt Lila raised (well, still raising) 6 boys! I have 3 and i'm about to lose what's left of my mind. Humming to myself like Grandma Annis did is truly what keeps me sane. Keep us posted on the fam and say Hey to everyone for me!